It’s August. It’s vacation time. Literally moments before Dave left for the lake, he told me about a delicious recipe he’d created. I listened intently while taking mental notes of the ingredients and directions. He took off for a well-deserved vacation and I quickly grabbed a sheet of paper and wrote down the details. Here they are:
DJ’s Roasted Corn and Pancetta
- 5 ears of corn, blanched and cut
- 1 small red onion chopped
- 3 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 4 oz sliced pancetta
- Seasonello seasoning to taste
- Fill a large stock pot with 8 cups of salted water and bring to a boil.
- Shuck and clean 5 ears of corn, removing silks. Drop corn into boiling water for 3 to 4 minutes, until just tender. Remove.
- Heat Olive Oil and butter in large saucepan. Add red onions and saute slowly until caramelized on medium-low heat, about 7 to 9 minutes. Remove and set aside. Meanwhile, remove corn from ears into a large bowl with a corn cutter.
- Sear pancetta slices in olive oil about 3 minutes per side on medium-high heat. Remove and chop. Set aside.
- Return corn, red onions, and sliced pancetta to saucepan. Heat on medium-high. Season with Seasonello to taste. Serve immediately.
Please pardon my teenage vernacular, but it is quite warranted; OMG! The flavor of this dish is simply fantastic. The sweet white corn, the salty pancetta and the buttery olive oil all combine to make this a flavorful dish you will love. This is most definitely a winner!